Peer mentors are upperclassmen that assist
First Year Experience instructors with in-class and out-of-class
preparation, instruction, and activities. They help first-year
students assimilate to college life and become
academically and socially successful.
Peer Mentors possess the following oustanding
- sophomore standing or above;
- cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0;
- demonstrates mentorship skills and involvement in campus
- extensive knowledge of campus resources;
- in good academic and disciplinary standing.
Peer Mentors are hard-working, compassionate, mature individuals
who aspire to assume a leadership role, desire to touch lives, and
make a difference on campus. Freshmen get first-hand information
and guidance from these upperclassmen about what it takes to be
successful in college.