Click to access the LWC Homepage!
print e-mail
Selection of Major

Declaration of Major

All students seeking to obtain an associate or bachelors degree must file a Declaration of Major Form in an approved degree program. Students seeking an associate degree should declare their major the semester in which they enter Lindsey Wilson. Students seeking a bachelors degree are required to declare their major the first semester of their junior year. A Declaration of Major Form can be obtained in the Registrars Office.

Students must do the following:

  • Meet with a faculty member in the major program and make an application to be accepted into the program. Note: Some programs (e.g., Education) have specific requirements with which the student must comply. A student cannot declare the major until he or she has been accepted into the program;
  • Upon acceptance into the program, the student may need to change his or her academic adviser to a faculty member in the chosen program. If so, the student should meet with his or her current adviser to complete the Change of Adviser Form;
  • Upon acceptance into the program, submit the completed Declaration of Major Form to the Registrars Office; and
  • Upon acceptance into the program, request a degree audit (a record of all course work taken and how it is counted against degree requirements) from the Registrars Office. Copies will then be given to both the student and his or her adviser.

Catalog Requirements

To graduate from Lindsey Wilson, students must meet all general education and major requirements specified in the catalog in effect when they entered the college or all requirements specified in a subsequent year. Students who obtain a leave of absence for up to two semesters may complete their major requirements with the catalog in place when they declared their major. Students who do not receive a leave of absence and do not attend Lindsey Wilson full-time for more than two semesters, must meet the general education and major requirements in place at the time they re-enroll.

Change of Major or Academic Adviser

Students who wish to change their major or academic adviser must meet with their current adviser and complete a Change of Major/Adviser Form. The forms are available from all academic advisers. Completed forms are submitted to the Registrars Office. Once the change(s) has been made, the applicable adviser and the student are all informed.

Feedback and CommentsSite MapDirections  
Every Student, Every Day
2008 Lindsey Wilson College
210 Lindsey Wilson St. Columbia, Ky 42728
Local: (270) 384-2126
Fax: (270) 384-8200
Toll Free: (800) 264-0138