PON Program of Nursing (PON) Mission, Vision, Goals
PON MissionThe mission of the pre-licensure BSN program is to provide quality undergraduate nursing education that prepares students for baccalaureate-generalist professional nursing practice.
PON VisionWith the intentional and cooperative efforts of the entire College community, and through excellence in teaching, scholarship, practice and service, the Lindsey Wilson College pre-licensure BSN program aspires to:
- Be the regional leader in providing an exceptional nursing education
- Create the best possible environment for the individual growth of students
- Graduate students that are prepared for life and professional nursing practice in a complex rapidly changing world and health care environment
- Advance health at the local, regional and global arena through scientific evidence and sound professional practice.
- 70% of graduating BSN students will complete the program within a five year period.
- 80% of students will indicate satisfaction with the LWC nursing program.
- 90% of the graduating student will achieve a passing score on the National Council Licensure Examination for registered nurses (NCLEX - RN) during the first test. This goal pertain the Pre-licensure track only.
- 90% of graduates desiring employment as a registered nurse will be employed within one year of graduation.
- 80% of alumni completing the Alumni Survey will demonstrate satisfaction with their undergraduate baccalaureate education.
- 80% of the surveys returned by employers will indicate satisfaction with the performance of the LWC BSN program graduates.
Revisied and Approved (PON) 12.11.2017