April 23, 2015
Lindsey Wilson College
National Alumni Association
Alumni Council Meeting
April 23, 2015
Clark Reading Room - Katie Murrell
I. Welcome by President Ken
- Introduction of the five candidates for LWC
Alumni Scholarships: Lynnsey Rodgers, Ethan Calvert, Amanda
McGeorge, Shannon Trent, and Aaron Goode
- Opening Prayer by Jerald Brant
II. Approval of Minutes from last meeting (April 23,
2015). Motion to approve by council member Carrie Farris; seconded
by member Ben Burr.
III. Information items:
- Blue Raider Travel Club Update: San
Francisco, Sept. 21-26. A total of 21 persons are
registered for the trip.
- Golden alumni Society update: Class of
'65 event May 8 - 10 (planning ongoing)
- 2015 Senior Class has raised a total of
$7,000 for the LWC arced wall project which is a joint effort of
the 1965 and 2015 classes.)
- Any LWC alumni can donate to the
arced wall project.
- Area alumni events
- Louisville Bats - *NEW DATE July
- Bowling Green Hot Rods - *NEW DATE
- Nashville - TBA
- Lexington - TBA
Alumni Support Updates: As of 04/22/15 a
total of 838 alumni gifts have been received. The YTD total is -90,
but is projected to be made up by the end of June
- Homecoming 2015 - Sept.
18 - 19. Bronchure will be out this summer.
Alumni and Friends Walkway Scholarship Update:
As of 04/22/15 the amount in the scholarship fund is
- No Student Representative or
Faculty/Staff Spotlight for this meeting.
- Online alumni Cookbook
- Randy urged everyyone to submitrecipes
to the online cookbook.
- Visit www.lindsey.edu and click on "Alumni
Cookbook" tab at the bottom of the page and help build the
collection of recipes.
- Future Alumni Council Meetings
- June 15 - 12:00 CT.
Jerald Bryant's house, 4074 Liberty Road Columbia KY
- Randy will drive a van and leave
campus at 11:45 CT. Meet at the Alumni Officeif you want to ride or
follow randy in your vehicle.
- September 18 - Time
TBA - Homecoming Annual Meeting
- May 18 - Alumni
Awards Nominating committee and at large members, Allysa Gooden and
Drew Sadler. Stivers Alumni House @ 10 am
- Old Business : NONE
- New Business: Scholarship
Candidate Interviews (5 minutes each)
Scholarship Receipients: Ethan Calvert
and Shannon Trent ($500 each)
Additional Scholarships: Aaron Goode,
Lynnsey Rodgers, Amanda McGeorge - ($400 each)