The Bonner Leader Commitments and Student Development Model
- Expectation: Students are
selected, prepared and filled with expectation.
- Exploration: Multiple service
sites, immersion experiences, orientation.
- Experience: Focus placement on a
particular issue and/or organization.
- Example: Project leader,
- Expertise: Integrate service
passions and experience with academic pursuits.
- Social Justice: Advocate for
fairness, impartiality and equality while addressing systemic
social and environmental issues.
- Civic Engagement: Participate
intentionally as a citizen in the democratic process, actively
engaging in public policy and direct service.
- Spiritual Exploration: Explore
personal beliefs while respecting the spiritual practices of
- Diversity: Respect the many
different dimension of diversity in our public lives.
- International Perspective:
Develop international understanding that enables Bonner Leaders to
participate successfully in a global society.
- Community Building: Establish
and sustain a vibrant community of place, personal relationships,
and common interests.