Click to access the LWC Homepage!
print e-mail

How do I apply for Housing?
A "Housing Contract" and a $45 non-refundable room fee must be submitted to LWC before a space can be assigned to you. Rooms are assigned to new students after rooms have been assigned to returning students. LWC retains the right to assign and reassign rooms when deemed necessary by the Department of Residence Life.

If I'm going to be a new student in the fall, when can I apply for housing?
You can apply for housing any time online.  If you are an incoming freshman or a transfer student, a housing contract and housing information will be included in your new student packet. This is mailed during the spring semester from the Office of Admissions.

When is the deadline for submitting my housing application?
The deadline for submitting an application and $45 fee is August 1. If this date has passed, please contact your Admissions Counselor or the Residence Life Department soon. Applications received after August 1 will still be processed, however, housing options will be limited to space availability.

When will I receive my roommate and housing assignment information?
Housing assignments and roommate information (name, address and e-mail) are mailed each summer after the last EDGE orientation date. In your letter, you will also receive: your on-campus mailing address and mailbox number; on-campus phone number; items to bring; and prohibited items. Please get in touch with your roommate(s) to discuss which items to bring (television, DVD player, stereo, micro-refrigerator, etc.). Because space is limited, two of everything may not be comfortable in your room.

When may I move into my residence hall?
Dates will be posted on the Lindsey Wilson College webpage. The move-in date for the fall semester is also listed in your residence hall assignment letters. More information concerning move in, will be mailed to all students by the beginning of August.

Can I move in early, before the move in date?
No. Residence Life will not permit students to move in early before the move in date. Students that are involved with orientation and other LWC activities (i.e. athletics, orientation, residence life, etc) with written permission from a faculty and staff member will only be permitted to move in early. All other requests to move in early will be declined.

Can I live on campus even if I'm enrolled in less than 12 hours?
No. A student must have full-time status (minimum of 12 credit hours) to live on campus. Students who are enrolled in less than 12 credit hours must get permission from the Dean of Student's Office to live on campus.

Will my housing fee be returned?
No. Your housing deposit is applied to your student account.     

Do I have a curfew?
No, but we do have visitation hours for all residence halls and apartments. Members of the opposite sex may visit:

Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-12:00am
Friday: 4:00pm-2:00am
Saturday: 12:00pm-2:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm-12:00am

May I have overnight guest?
Residents may have overnight guest of the same sex. Your guest(s) must be 18+ years of age. Any individual that is under the age of 18 (including siblings that are not accompanied by the legal guardian) will not be permitted to visit in the residence halls and apartment areas. The resident must notify the Resident Director of the building, of any overnight guest(s).

What if I don't go home during the holidays?
All residence halls and apartment areas will be closed during the holidays, and include fall, winter, and spring breaks. All students will be required to vacate the residence halls and apartments areas for these breaks. Some students will need to remain on campus for LWC required activities (athletics, orientation, class, and etc) during the break, and will be permitted to do so via notification from the appropriate sponsor. Students with local jobs requirements will need to make arrangements with their employer that will fit their schedule. All other students that will need to remain will be accessed to their student account a housing fee of $65.00 per week during the term of the stay. Note that the cafeteria will not be open during Christmas break or Spring break and with limited hours during other official breaks.

How can I room with a friend who is also enrolled at LWC?
We attempt to meet every roommate request, but we cannot guarantee that all requests will be met. To increase your chances of being assigned with a friend, submit your friend's name along with your housing application.

How do you match roommates?
Your admissions counselor, based on information you provide about your roommate preferences, matches up new students.

If I am a new student, can I room with a friend already living at LWC?
It is difficult to place a new student with an existing LWC student. Students who already live on campus are given the opportunity to select where they want to live next semester, which means they have priority over incoming students.

Can I get a private room?
Private rooms are extremely hard to obtain, and they are rarely available in the fall semester. If a private room is available, the cost is a double rate.

May I decorate my room?
You are encouraged to personalize your room, within limitations. Mini-blinds are provided for every room. Painting the room is not permitted, and students will be charged per wall for this violation if repainting is required. Nails, staples, decals, double-sided tape or stickers are not allowed. Materials that display drug and alcohol content are not permitted for display. Students are encouraged to wait until they arrive to their room, before make big decorative purchases.

May I cook in my room?
Rooms are not equipped for cooking full meals. Each hall has an area where there is a microwave oven, sink and vending area. All residence halls are permitted the use of microwaves in the rooms. The use of hot plates, toaster ovens, or other cooking appliances, are not permitted in the residence halls. Students living in the upperclassman onapartments do contain a full kitchen, and are permitted to cook in these areas.

Can I smoke in my room?
Smoking is prohibited in all residence halls. Smoking may only take place outside. It is preferable that you would smoke 10-15 feet away from the building so as not to affect those residents entering and exiting the building.

What do I need to and not bring?


  • Regular size twin bed linens
  • Alarm clock
  • Small dorm size refrigerator (No larger than 4.5 cubic feet)
  • A computer w/ peripherals & supplies
  • TV (Don't forget the remote)
  • Cleaning & laundry supplies
  • Telephone
  • Towels and wash cloths, and shower shoes
  • School supplies (i.e. paper, pencils, folders, etc)
  • Surge Protectors (certified protectors only)
  • Personal hygiene products (soap, shampoo, etc)
  • Bowls, cups, & silverware for snacks

Due to safety concerns, some the following items will not be permitted and removed from Residence Halls & apartments areas.

  • Large stereos or sound systems
  • Space heaters
  • Candles/incense
  • Extension cords & uncertified surge protectors
  • Multi-plug adaptors
  • Halogen Lamps
  • Foam tape
  • Hot Plates, grills, & any other electrical cooking items
  • Illegal drugs & paraphernalia
  • Alcoholic beverages/decorations
  • No weapons of any kind (guns, knives, etc)
  • No pets (Pets will be sent to the local animal shelter at students expense). Fish & small aquariums only!

What do I need to do to protect my personal property?
Please only bring the items you will need for a great college experience. Lindsey Wilson College is not responsible for the loss, damage, or theft of student personal property. It is recommended that you check with your home owners insurance to insure the property items you will bring to the residence halls and apartment areas. Renters insurance is also recommended if your home owners insurance does not provide coverage. Items of great value, we ask for them to be left at home. Please record all serial numbers of any electronics you plan to bring. Serial numbers will be help to provide actual ownership, if the item is recovered.

How can I live/move off campus?
To live off campus, students must meet one of the off-campus living requirements (Government Regulations). Students living with a parent in Adair or one of its contiguous counties are eligible to live off campus (Regulations can be located in the Student Handbook). If the student is eligible, they must seek approval from the Dean of Students Office:

  1. The Student has resided in campus housing for a total of eight semesters either at Lindsey Wilson College or elsewhere.
  2. The student is married, or had dependent children.
  3. The student is enrolled for less than 12 hours.
  4. The student is commuting from where the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) permanently reside.
  5. The student is 23 years of age or older.
  6. The student is a verteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
  7. The student is an orphan, a ward of the court, or was a ward of the court until age 18.
  8. The student is enrolled in a graduate or professional program beyond the bachelor's degree.


What if I don't get along with my roommate?

Can I request a housing change? Housing assignments are not changed during the first two weeks of each semester. After the "two-week freeze," students may submit a "Housing Change Request" form. The request will be reviewed by the Department of Residence Life, and students will be notified whether the request is approved or denied.

How often are the Residence Halls cleaned?
The Residence Halls are cleaned daily, Monday-Friday, by the Phyiscal Plant Operations Housekeeping Staff. Residents are responsible for cleaning their own rooms. Each hallway has oversized trashcans for resident to dispose of items, and dumpsters located in each area for disposal of large items.

How often are the community restrooms cleaned?
The community restrooms are cleaned daily Monday-Friday by the Physical Plant Operations Housekeeping Staff. Rooms and apartments with private bathrooms are the responsibility of the students to clean and maintain.

Are the Residence Halls locked?
All main entrance and emergency exit doors in the Residence Halls are locked 24 hours a day to provide additional security. Your room key will allow access to the main entrance to the Residence Hall you are assigned to. Your key will not allow you access to in other Residence Halls entrances or other rooms.

Can I have a car on campus?
Yes. You can have a vehicle on campus, and must be registered with Public Safety and Security. Residential Students may park in any of the Blue Lots located throughout campus.

What are the sizes of the beds?
All beds and mattresses are standard twin size measurements, and sheets can be obtained from your local department store. LWC does not have extra long beds or mattresses.

What are Visitation Hours?
Visitation Hours are enforced in all Residence Halls and Apartment Complexes on campus. Your guest(s) must be 18+ years of age. Any individual that is under the age of 18 (including siblings that are not accompanied by the legal guardian) will not be permitted to visit in the residence halls and apartment areas. All residents/guests visiting the opposite sex are required to check in at the front desk with a valid picture ID. The hours of visitation are:

Monday-Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
4:00pm - 12:00am 4:00pm - 2:00am 12:00pm - 2:00am 12:00pm - 12:00am

As a freshman, do I have to live in the freshman residence halls?
It is strongly encouraged for freshman students to live with other members of their class. This allows freshman students to adjust to the college environment and build bonds with fellow classmates going through the same experiences as you.

How many individuals live in a room/apartment?

Horton Hall Phillips Hall Parrott Hall Weldon Hall Richardson Hall Lilly Hall Smith Hall Apartment Complexes


2 - 3 2 2 5 2 3 - 4 4 - 5

I have a maintenance request for my room/apartment. What do I do?
Log in to your Blue Raider Portal and submit any issues/request by Service Request System to Physical Plant Operations to address your concern. You may also report issues/request to any member of Residence Life. Please allow 1-3 days for your concern to be addressed. Should you have additional questions about your maintenance issue, please contact Physical Plant Operations. Residence Life is not responsible for the scheduling or the maintenance of your request. (Any questions/comments concerning your maintenance/work request can addressed by Physical Plant Operations).

Feedback and CommentsSite MapDirections  
Every Student, Every Day
2008 Lindsey Wilson College
210 Lindsey Wilson St. Columbia, Ky 42728
Local: (270) 384-2126
Fax: (270) 384-8200
Toll Free: (800) 264-0138