Coronavirus Update: Learn more about how LWC is responding to the Coronavirus. Click here for more information.

Financial Aid

The purpose of Student Financial Services is to be consistent with the mission of Lindsey Wilson College by providing financial counseling and assistance to students in a caring and concerned manner consistent with the standards set forth by appropriate accrediting and governing bodies. Our function is to promote scholarship, grant, loan and employment opportunities for qualified and deserving students.

We are committed to assisting students to fund their college education through financial aid such as scholarships, grants, loans and federal work study programs. In order to be eligible for financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year. The priority deadline is October 31 of each year.


Contact Information

Location: Elizabeth Lowe Whitfield Building
Phone: 270-384-8022
Fax: 270-384-8503
Access your financial aid account: Banner Web

Hours of Operations

(All Times Central)

Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
7 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Summer)

Saturday, Sunday

Frequently Asked Financial Aid Questions

  1. How do I apply for Financial Aid?

  2. What is the deadline to apply for Financial Aid?
    • The priority deadline for Kentucky Residents to receive a Kentucky Tuition Grant and College Access Program Grant is October 31.

  3. What is a FSA ID?
    • An FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on ED websites such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) at

      Your FSA ID is used to sign legally binding documents electronically. It has the same legal status as a written signature. Don't give your FSA ID to anyone-not even to someone helping you fill out the FAFSA. Sharing your FSA ID could put you at risk of identity theft

      Parents of dependent students are required to have their own FSA ID to sign the child's FAFSA electronically. If you have more than one child attending college, you can use the same FSA ID to sign all applications. Please note: Each FSA ID user must have a unique e-mail address.

  4. Why can't I use my Federal Student Aid PIN?
    • The FSA ID replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN. If you already have a PIN, you can link your information to your new FSA ID by entering your PIN while registering for your FSA ID. (This will save you time when registering for your FSA ID.) However, a PIN is not required to create an FSA ID.

  5. My parents don't support me financially. Can I apply as an independent student?
    • In order to be considered independent for financial aid purposes you must meet one of the following criteria:
      • You must turn 24 before January 1 of the academic year that you are applying for.
      • Be a Graduate/Professional student.
      • Be married.
      • Have children who receive more than half of their support from you.
      • Have dependents (other than your children/spouse) that live with you and receive more than half of their support from you.
      • Be an orphan or ward/dependent of the court.
      • Be a veteran of the United States Armed Forces.
      • You are or were an emancipated minor as determined by a court in your state of legal residence.
      • You are or were in legal guardianship as determined by a court in your state of legal residence.
      • Your high school determined that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless in the year before you are applying for financial aid.
      • A director of an emergency shelter or transitional housing program funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development determined that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless in the year before you are applying for financial aid.
      • A director of a runaway or homeless youth basic center or transitional living program determined that you were an unaccompanied youth who was homeless or was self-supporting and at risk of being homeless in the year before you are applying for financial aid.
      • If you do not meet any of the criteria listed above, but can document extreme family circumstances that prevent you from obtaining your parents information/support, you may file for a Dependency Override with the Financial Aid Office for a possible reevaluation of your status.

  6. My parents are divorced. Whose information do I need to use?
    • You should use the parent who provides the most support for you. Please keep in mind that if your parent is remarried, you must also include your step-parent's financial information on your FAFSA.

  7. Can I receive financial aid from more than one institution at the same time?
    • No. You can only receive Financial Aid from one institution at a time.

  8. Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?
    • Yes, you must complete the FAFSA every year.

  9. How many hours do I need to take to be a full time undergraduate student?
    • 12 hours per term is considered full time.

  10. What does verification mean?
    • Verification is the confirmation through documentation that the information provided on a student's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is correct. The federal government requires colleges and universities to verify or confirm the data reported by students and their parent(s) on the FAFSA.

  11. Who is KHEAA Verify?
    • Kentucky Higher Education Authority (KHEAA) is a third party servicer who processes verification for Lindsey Wilson College.

  12. How do I contact KHEAA Verify?

  13. When do I have to start paying on my student loans?
    • Direct loans have a grace period of six months. You must start paying on your direct student loans six months after you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time status.

  14. How do I know how much I have borrowed in student loans? To whom do I make my loan payments?
    • Information on your federal loan debt, such as loan holder information, which program you borrowed from, and how much you have borrowed is available at

Financial Assistance

General Information

Lindsey Wilson College's financial aid program offers a variety of federal, state, and institutional funds. Financial aid awards may include grants, loans, and student employment. Scholarships may also be awarded to degree-seeking students based on their financial need and/or academic achievement. Applications for admission will be reviewed for scholarship eligibility. All financial aid programs administered through the college require acceptance for admission to the college and completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who complete these requirements and, if necessary, the verification process by November 1 receive priority. Applications submitted after that date will be subject to availability of funds. Each applicant will be notified of financial aid eligibility. Awards will be made to qualified students until funds are depleted. Students who are not eligible for federal programs due to default status or drug-related charges or who are rejected by the federal government for other reasons will not be eligible to receive any financial assistance.

Students who are enrolled simultaneously in a bachelor or master's degree program and a certificate program are eligible for federal financial assistance if they meet the eligibility requirements for Title IV aid. Students who are enrolled in a certificate program and who are pursuing a bachelor or master's degree are eligible for federal financial assistance if they are enrolled at least half-time and if they meet the eligibility requirements for Title IV aid.

    Note: Institutional grants and scholarships are awarded only in amounts equal to the direct educational assistance needed for the academic year at hand. Direct educational expenses at Lindsey Wilson College are defined as tuition and fees, in addition to room and board for residential students. Institutional grants and scholarships are awarded, according to individual need, after federal and state awards have been made. Institutional grants and scholarships will be adjusted to prevent over-awarding.

No student will receive more than one institutional academic scholarship. Except for the Begley Scholarship and the Wesley Scholars Program, all tuition scholarships and grants will cover only the first 12-18 hours each fall and spring semester. Students must pay for any hours more than 18.

Institutional grants and scholarships are available for eight consecutive semesters for bachelor's degree programs and four consecutive semesters for associate degree programs, when all other restrictions are met. Only those students enrolled full-time on the A.P. White Campus in Columbia are eligible for institutional grants and scholarships unless otherwise noted. All institutional scholarships and grants are subject to change without notice.

In accordance with federal regulations for students receiving federal assistance, Lindsey Wilson College has a policy concerning a drug-free environment. This policy is available for review in the Office of the Vice President for Administration & Finance.

Federal Financial Aid

Students may receive federal financial aid as a full-time or part-time student. Part-time attendance will be prorated accordingly. To remain eligible, the student must meet the conditions of minimum satisfactory academic progress.

Academic Standing - Undergraduate Students

Student Rank

A student's academic rank or classification is determined by the number of hours earned indicated as follows:

Hours Earned




Satisfactory Academic Progress

Federal regulations require that all students who receive any federal or state financial assistance make measurable academic progress toward a degree at Lindsey Wilson College. Progress is determined quantitatively (hours attempted versus hours earned and time frame) and qualitatively (grade point average or GPA). A student's academic performance will be reviewed at the end of the fall, spring, and summer semesters. A student must meet minimum satisfactory academic progress by complying with the standards in order to achieve and/or maintain good academic standing. Any students with a 0 to 1.0 term GPA may be suspended.

The minimum acceptable GPA for undergraduate students is 1.25 after one semester, 1.5 after two semesters and 1.75 after three semesters. From the completion of the fourth semester of enrollment through graduation, the minimum acceptable GPA for undergraduate students is 2.0.

    Note: Compliance with standards of minimum satisfactory academic progress does not imply that students meet program criteria applicable to particular major fields. In addition, student athletes must adhere to the standards of their individual sports program in order to maintain athletic eligibility.

Grading Scale and Quality Points

Students receive a letter grade in each course taken for credit. Each semester hour of credit for each letter grade carries the number of quality points indicated as follows:

Grade Quality Points Grade Quality Points Grade Quality Points


Required GPA


Attempted Credit Hours

48 and above

Completion Rate: To ensure a student completes a program within the maximum time frame, students must earn 66.7 percent of the hours attempted each term as well as cumulatively. The calculation used to determine pace of completion: Cumulative Credit Hours Earned ÷ Cumulative Credit Hours Attempted.

Students must also earn 66.7 percent of hours attempted each term. Grades of W, F, I, and NC will count as credit hours attempted. Students who receive all F's at midterm and at the end of the semester are reviewed to determine if the F was earned or if the student withdrew from the class. Instructors are contacted in an email to confirm the status of the F.

    Hours Attempted Total Attempted Student Must Earn
    12 12 x 66.7% 8
    9 9 x 66.7% 6
    6 6 x 66.7% 4

Maximum Time Frame

The maximum time frame in which a student must complete their degree cannot exceed 150% of the length of their major. All undergraduate Bachelor Degrees at Lindsey Wilson College require 120 hours. Students can attempt 180 hours and remain eligible for Title IV aid. Eligibility for aid is suspended when 180 hours is exceeded. Associate Degrees at Lindsey Wilson College require 60 credit hours. Students may attempt 90 hours and remain eligible for Title IV aid. Eligibility for Associate Degrees is suspended when 90 hours is exceeded.

All credit hours attempted are used toward the 150% regardless if Title IV aid was received. All withdrawals, repeated classes, failed courses and transferred hours that are accepted toward a student's program of study are counted as hours attempted in the maximum time frame.

Only transfer credits that are accepted and count toward the degree along with all Lindsey Wilson College credits will be used to determine satisfactory academic progress.

Students become ineligible for Title IV aid when it becomes mathematically impossible to complete a program within 150% of the length of the program.

Lindsey Wilson College will notify the student of the appeal decision via the student’s personal email address; Lindsey Wilson College email address; and a letter will be mailed to their home address.

Students failing to meet minimum satisfactory academic progress, as outlined above, are subject to the following sanctions.

Financial Aid Warning Semester

Students who fall below the minimum acceptable standards for satisfactory academic progress for the semester will be placed on financial aid warning for the following semester. During the financial aid warning term, sanctions may include repeating of courses, limitation of credit hours, structured study times in the Academic Success Center, development of individual learning contracts, adjustment of housing assignments, or limitation of participation in non-class, college-sponsored activities. Student status will be reviewed at the end of the financial aid warning semester. Students will continue to receive Title IV aid while on financial aid warning and are not required to submit an appeal.

If a student does not meet satisfactory academic progress standards at the end of the Financial Aid Warning, Title IV aid eligibility is lost. An appeal must be submitted and Lindsey Wilson College will determine if the student will be able to meet satisfactory academic progress by the end of the subsequent payment period. If the appeal is approved, student will be placed on Financial Aid Probation and Title IV funds will be reinstated.

Students must appeal the satisfactory academic progress determination and be approved or they will be ineligible for all Title IV funds.

Financial Aid Probation Semester

At the end of the financial aid warning semester, students who continue to fall below the minimum satisfactory academic progress must submit an appeal. If the appeal is approved the student will be placed on financial aid probation and Title IV eligibility is regained.

Satisfactory academic progress will be measured again at the end of the financial aid probation semester. If the student does not meet the standard Title IV eligibility is lost.

If the appeal is not approved, students may pay for classes without Title IV aid to meet the minimum standards.

Financial Aid Suspension Semester

If a student fails to meet satisfactory academic progress and is placed on financial aid suspension, all Title IV and state aid eligibility is lost. In order to regain eligibility the student must meet satisfactory academic progress.

Appeal Process

When a student fails to meet satisfactory academic progress, they have the right to appeal if there were extenuating circumstances that prevented them from meeting the minimum standard. Extenuating circumstances include things such as illness, injury, death of a family member or other special circumstance that occurred. The appeal must be submitted in writing and an explanation of the following must be given.

  • The reason satisfactory academic progress was not met.
  • What has changed that will allow the student to meet satisfactory academic progress at the end of the next term or evaluation.
  • If the appeal is approved, the student will be placed on financial aid probation for one term.
  • Students will be notified of the results via their personal email address; their Lindsey Wilson College email address; and a letter will be mailed to their home address. If the appeal is not approved, students may pay for classes without Title IV aid to meet the minimum standards..

Other Causes for Academic Suspension

Students who demonstrate a callous disregard for learning as stated in the Student Codes section of The Student Handbook may be subject to suspension. In addition, students who commit academic dishonesty may be subject to suspension or expulsion from the college (see Academic Integrity policy).

Readmission after Academic Suspension

Students may be reviewed for readmission to the college after serving the semester-long suspension through application to the Admissions Committee at the A.P. White Campus in Columbia. The readmission decision will be based upon students' compliance with conditions of suspension, evidence suggesting potential for improvement, and/or other individual factors.

Readmission to the college is not guaranteed and should not be assumed. The student will not receive Title IV or state aid until satisfactory academic progress is met.

Grades and Coursework Which Impact Satisfactory Academic Progress

Incomplete Grades

A grade of I (Incomplete) is given when circumstances beyond a student's control prevent completion of course requirements and when a student has made a formal request for an incomplete prior to the end of the term. Students receiving incompletes are not eligible for the Dean's and President's Lists. The student must complete the coursework within six weeks. That deadline may be extended to 15 weeks if mutually agreed upon with the instructor. Approval of the instructor, the dean, and the Academic Affairs Office or the appropriate SPC regional academic director is required before an incomplete grade can be given. If work is not completed within 15 weeks, the I grade will automatically be changed to an F grade, unless special arrangements for extension have been made by the faculty member and approved by the Academic Affairs Office. Work submitted by a student after a faculty member posts final grades will not be accepted for credit unless arrangements for an incomplete grade were made prior to the end of the term.

Incompletes are evaluated in the subsequent payment period and will be included in the next satisfactory academic progress evaluation.

Repeating a Course

Courses in which the student has a final grade of D or F may be repeated for credit. Graduate students may also repeat courses in which they have earned a grade of C or C+. An undergraduate student who earns a final grade of C may be approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs or the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs, to repeat a course if the repeat is needed to meet graduation requirements. The grade earned the last time the course is repeated becomes the official grade for the course.

Students may only repeat previously passed courses of grade D or above one time and receive Title IV aid.

Repeated courses are counted toward the cumulative grade point average as well as credit hours attempted.

Remedial Courses

Remedial coursework is offered at Lindsey Wilson College and those courses are included when calculating the enrollment status for students for Title IV aid eligibility purposes. Remedial courses are counted in attempted and earned credits and are calculated in the cumulative grade point average. A grade D is not considered a passing grade. Remedial courses are also included in the assessment of satisfactory academic progress that is reviewed at the end of every term to ensure students meet both the qualitative and quantitative components of SAP and can graduate within the maximum timeframe.

Deferred Grades

A grade of R (Deferred Grade) is appropriate for project-based courses in which a student's work is evaluated when the project is completed. A deferred grade may be given for graduate thesis and dissertation courses where the nature of the coursework overlaps across semesters.

The deferred grade is not intended as a substitute for incomplete grades and may not be used with single semester courses where students have failed to meet the course requirements. Students with a deferred grade in any required coursework are not eligible for graduation until such time as the grade is resolved. Deferred grades have no GPA value.

Deferred grades are generally not subject to change to an F after a set period of time, so long as the student is engaged in continuous work on the project or is on a leave of absence. If work is interrupted due to extenuating circumstances, a special arrangement between student and instructor must be made on a semester-by-semester basis.

Academic Integrity Appeals

When a faculty member suspects a violation of the college's academic integrity policy, that faculty member contacts the student and then files an Academic Integrity Violation Report with the Academic Affairs Office. The student is notified by letter that the report has been filed. A student who wishes to appeal the finding of an academic integrity violation must submit an appeal in writing (email is acceptable) to the Academic Affairs Office within ten days. The Academic Integrity Committee will then schedule an appeals hearing.

Questioning a Grade - The Student Academic Complaint Policy

A student who wishes to question an assignment grade or other academic issue other than an academic integrity appeal should follow the procedure below:
  1. Whenever possible, the student will first go to the faculty member who has assigned the disputed grade. Complaints regarding grades should be made within seven (7) days of receipt of the disputed grade and, if possible, will be decided by the faculty member within seven (7) days of receipt. If the disputed grade is the final grade for the course, "receipt" is defined by when the final grade is posted online by the Registrar's Office. (Please refer to the next section for appealing a final grade.)
  2. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, the student may, within seven (7) days, request in writing a review of such decision by the dean of the school in which the grade was assigned. Upon receipt of such request, that dean will direct the faculty member and the student to each submit, within seven (7) days, if possible, a written account of the incident, providing specific information as to the nature of the dispute.
  3. Upon receipt of these written accounts, the dean will meet, if possible, within seven (7) days with the faculty member and the student in an effort to resolve the dispute and will render his or her decision in writing.
  4. If either the student or the faculty member desires to appeal the dean's decision, the student or faculty member may, within seven (7) days by written request to the dean, ask that the matter be reviewed by a Grade Appeals Panel* convened by the Academic Affairs Office.
  5. If the disputed grade is assigned at the end of a fall or spring semester and the student and faculty member cannot meet to resolve the issue, the student should contact the faculty member by email within seven (7) days of receipt of the disputed grade. If the issue cannot be resolved by email within the time limit, steps 2, 3, and 4 of the appeal may extend into the beginning of the semester immediately following receipt of the disputed grade by following the timeline above.

  6. A student who wishes to question a final grade should follow the procedure below:
    1. Confer with the faculty member who assigned the disputed grade.
    2. If the disputed grade cannot be resolved, a written request for a grade appeal must be submitted to the Academic Affairs Office within ten (10) calendar days of when the grade was issued or before the first day of the semester following the one in which the grade was issued, whichever comes later. The written request must include the specific bases for the appeal.
    3. The Academic Affairs Office will convene a Grade Appeals Panel.*

      *The Grade Appeals Panel is comprised of the vice president for Academic Affairs, assistant vice president for Academic Affairs or the dean for the School of Professional Counseling, and the director/dean of the academic program/school that houses the course for which the grade is appealed. If one of the members is the faculty member who issued the grade, an alternate will be appointed. The student and the faculty member may appear separately before the panel to explain their positions. The hearing is non-adversarial. Neither the faculty member nor the student may be accompanied by other individuals to the meeting of the Grade Appeals Panel. The Grade Appeals Panel will notify the student and the faculty member of its decision, if possible, within seven (7) days of the meeting.

Return of Title IV Federal Student Aid

If a student completely withdraws from the college during the first 60 percent of a semester, a portion of the federal Title IV aid disbursed to the student must be returned to the financial aid programs. The percentage of Title IV aid required to be returned is based on the percentage of time remaining in the semester as of the student's date of withdrawal. This is the date a student provides a properly completed withdrawal form to the Registrar's Office indicating the student's intent to completely withdraw from the college. The amount of assistance that a student has earned is determined on a pro-rata basis.

The formula used in the Federal Return of Titles IV Funds (R2T4) calculation, divides the aid disbursed to the student account into "earned aid" and "unearned aid". During the first 60 percent of the period of enrollment (semester), the student "earns" Title IV funds in direct proportion to the length of time the student remains enrolled beyond the 60 percent point of the semester, then aid is considered earned for the period (semester).

Calculation of the percentage of Title IV Funds a student has earned upon withdrawal is based on:
  • Number of calendar days completed ÷ total calendar days in the payment period = % of the Title IV aid earned.
  • Percentage of Title IV aid earned x total amount disbursed + aid that could have been disbursed = dollar amount of Title IV aid earned.
  • Scheduled breaks of five or more days are excluded from the number of days in a payment period.

It is the college's responsibility to return unearned aid within 45 days of withdrawal.

Funds will be returned first to the Title IV loan programs and then the Title IV grant programs in the following order:
  1. Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
  2. Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
  3. Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loan
  4. Federal Direct Parent Plus Loan
  5. Federal Pell Grant
  6. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
  7. TEACH Grant
  8. Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant

If a student's withdrawal results in Title IV funds earned, but not yet disbursed, the student may be entitled to a post-withdrawal disbursement which Lindsey Wilson College will disburse within 45 days. Loans will be offered to the student within 30 days. Notification will be sent to their personal email address; Lindsey Wilson College email address; and a letter will be mailed to them. Students will have 14 days to submit the loan request.

If a student is required to return Title IV funds, Lindsey Wilson College will notify the student within 30 days via their personal and Lindsey Wilson College email address of the amount the student must repay. A letter will also be mailed to their home address.

If a student unofficially withdraws, Lindsey Wilson College will use the last date of attendance to determine the withdrawal date. This date may be determined by a completed assignment; contact with instructors for last date of attendance or information from other college personnel.

Other Refund Rules

Dropping a Course

In all cases, once a financial aid disbursement check is mailed to the student, there will be no refunds given on any courses dropped. If a course is dropped before it begins and adjustments are made to the student's account, the financial aid package will be adjusted accordingly. For courses taken on the A.P. White Campus in Columbia, no refund will be made on a course dropped after the second week following the first day of classes for the fall and spring semesters. For Lindsey Wilson College courses at community campus locations and in online courses, no refunds will be given on a dropped course once the course has begun.

Winter Session Courses

No refunds of charges are granted after the registration deadline.

Summer Session Courses

Refunds of charges are based on the number of hours and the term(s) for which the student is registered.


The official withdrawal date determines the amount of prorated refund, if any, a student may receive.

Residence Hall Room

No refund will be made on residence hall rent after the first week of classes because rooms are engaged for the entire semester.

Student Activity Fee

This fee is non-refundable after the first week of classes. The fee covers the cost of activities the college has contracted in advance.

Student Technology Fee

The fee is non-refundable. This fee covers the cost of software licensing and the availability of technology that must be provided at the start of the term.

Suspension and Refunds

No fees will be refunded to a student suspended by the college.

Academic Bankruptcy Policy

A student may write a letter to the Registrar's Office requesting academic bankruptcy under the following conditions:
  1. If fewer than three calendar years have elapsed since the semester for which the student seeks to declare academic bankruptcy, the student may declare bankruptcy for all coursework taken during that semester, provided that the student has successfully completed at least 18 credit hours at the college since the semester for which bankruptcy declaration is sought. None of the coursework, including coursework that was successfully completed, taken during the semester for which bankruptcy is requested will be counted in the student's cumulative GPA or hours earned.
  2. If more than three calendar years have elapsed since the semester(s) for which the student seeks to declare academic bankruptcy, the student may declare bankruptcy for one to three semesters provided that the student has successfully completed at least 18 credit hours at the college since the most recent semester for which the student seeks to declare bankruptcy. None of the coursework, including coursework that was successfully completed, taken during the semester for which bankruptcy is requested will be counted in the student's cumulative GPA.
  3. Students who declare bankruptcy during their college career are not eligible to graduate with honors.

When academic bankruptcy is declared, the term "Academic Bankruptcy" will be reflected on the transcript for each semester affected. The phrase "Academic Bankruptcy Implemented" will be stamped on the transcript for the semester in which bankruptcy is implemented. Students may declare academic bankruptcy only once. Students should be aware that academic bankruptcy may not be recognized by graduate or professional schools.

Courses removed or changed as a result of academic bankruptcy must still be calculated quantitatively and qualitatively in accordance with satisfactory academic standards.

Petitions for Exceptions to Academic Policies

Petitions requesting exceptions to academic policies are written to the Academic Affairs Council and must be accompanied by a letter of support from the advisor. Petitions must be submitted by November 1 for consideration during the fall semester and by April 1 for consideration during the spring semester.

Withdrawal from the College

A student contemplating withdrawal from the college should first consult with his or her advisor. If after advisor consultation the student still wishes to withdraw, he or she must contact the Academic Affairs Office, the vice president for Student Services & Enrollment Management, or the LWC Online Office to complete an official Withdrawal form. A student withdrawing from the college before the end of a semester or module forfeits credit for work done in that semester or module. Students who need to withdraw from all of their courses should refer to the Withdrawal Refund Policy located in the catalog.

  • Withdrawal from the college is not permitted during the last 30 days of the semester.
  • Students who do not complete the withdrawal process as stated above may receive grades of F in all courses in which they were enrolled. These Fs may result in loss of eligibility for financial assistance, whether at Lindsey Wilson College or another institution to which the student transfers.
  • Proper withdrawal from the college is important!
  • Students who withdraw will be deemed to have met satisfactory academic progress but may face financial aid sanctions.

Students who withdraw after the drop/add period and receive a "W" may face financial aid sanctions if they reenroll and have not met satisfactory academic progress. "W's" are included in both grade point average and 150% time frame.


Tax Return Transcript Verification

Federal Tax Returns are not an acceptable form of documentation for students who are selected for verification. You must provide an IRS Tax Return Transcript or complete the IRS Data Retrieval process.

Tax Return Transcript

Obtain an official copy of your Tax Return Transcript by one of these three methods:
Visit and follow the instructions. Call 1-800-908-9946 and follow the voice prompts. OR Complete and mail a 4506T-EZ or 4506-T form to the IRS.

You must wait at least two weeks after electronically filing your tax return before requesting a Tax ReturnTranscript.

IRS Data Retrieval

Go to to make a correction to your FAFSA application. Link to the IRS website to retrieve your tax information. Follow instructions to resubmit you FAFSA.

General Financial Aid Forms

Summer 2021 Financial Aid Request Form
This form is for students who are interested in financial aid for 2021 summer classes.

IRS: Request a Free Tax Transcript
Use this form to request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS.

Special Circumstances Form
Please contact the office of Student Financial Services if you are requesting a Special Circumstance Form.

Endowed Scholarship Application
This form is for full-time, undergraduate students who wish to apply for additional scholarships.

Federal Work Study Forms

Federal Work Study Handbook

Federal and state programs provide part-time employment opportunities for students who need financial assistance. Employment in the College's federal work study program takes place mostly on campus and is based on need.

You will need to present your original social security card OR birth certificate AND driver's license before you can begin work in the Federal Work Study program.

Net Tuition Calculator

The Net Tuition Calculator is not an application for financial aid, it is designed only to provide an estimate of your financial aid eligibility. This questionnaire is not appropriate for determining eligibility for international students.