Coronavirus Update: Learn more about how LWC is responding to the Coronavirus. Click here for more information.
Doctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership (DNP)
- DNP applicants must be a graduate of a regionally accredited institution and a nationally accredited BSN (and when applicable, MSN) program.
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 out of a 4 point scale in undergraduate (and when applicable, graduate) grade point average on all previous college work.
- Complete LWC admission application.
- Complete the LWC DNP application.
- Submit all official undergraduate (and when applicable, graduate) transcript(s) and current vita/resume.
- Graduate level statistics course with grade of C within the past five years is recommended but not required.
- Submit two letters of professional reference, one of which is from a current supervisor or faculty member (employment or school-related).
- Submit a professional goal statement related to capstone project idea.
- Submit validation of an unencumbered license to practice (RN and/or APRN).
- Be interviewed by Lindsey Wilson College Program of Nursing if applicable.
Progression criteria for the DNP Program is outlined in the DNP Handbook that is published on the Nursing Division web page. Students must comply with current course changes and/or degree requirements as well as with policies and procedures.
The nursing program uses a grading scale different from other academic units of the college. Consistent with other nursing programs, the grading scale requires students to earn 77 percent or higher to be awarded a C or better. The nursing program uses the following grading scale:
A = 93-100%, B = 85-92%, C = 77-84%, D =70-76%, F = 69 % or lower. Grades will be rounded.