Minor - Program Requirements
Kalvin Gregory, PhD, Program Coordinator
Fugitte Science Center, Room 330
(270) 384-7462 firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Chemistry minor is to enhance the foundation of chemical knowledge of students pursuing biochemical or health-related professions.
Some courses taken for the minor may simultaneously fulfill general education requirements. Please see the Graduation Requirements (bachelor’s degrees) section of this catalog for information on the general education program.
Students should note that the minor contributes 14 hours toward the required 39 hours of 3000-4000 level coursework.
Program Requirements: 34-42 hours
Along with the general education program and a major, students must complete the minor’s prerequisite and core requirements and must complete the related studies requirements as indicated.
A. Prerequisites: 4-12 hours
- College Algebra (MATH 1013) is a prerequisite for CHEM 1214 unless waiver requirements are met – 3 hours
- Precalculus (MATH 1124) is a prerequisite for PHYS 2114 and MATH 2315 – 4 hours
- Analytic Geometry & Calculus I (MATH 2315) is a prerequisite for PHYS 2414 – 5 hours
B. Core Requirements: 22 hours
- General Chemistry I with Lab (CHEM 1214) – 4 hours
- General Chemistry II with Lab (CHEM 1224) – 4 hours
- Organic Chemistry I Lecture (CHEM 3313) – 3 hours
- Organic Chemistry I Laboratory (CHEM 3312) – 2 hours
- Organic Chemistry II Lecture (CHEM 3323) – 3 hours
- Organic Chemistry II Laboratory (CHEM 3322) – 2 hours
- Biochemistry (CHEM 4104) – 4 hours
C. Related Studies Requirements: 8 hours
- College Physics I (PHYS 2114) or General Physics I (PHYS 2414) – 4 hours
- College Physics II (PHYS 2124) or General Physics II (PHYS 2424) – 4 hours