AA - Program Requirements
Division of Nursing & Health Chair: TBA
Program Coordinator: TBA
Full-time program faculty: TBA
The Associate of Arts degree in Health Science is designed for students who want to get a head start on pre-professional programs in the health sciences at other colleges and universities. Successful completion of the program, with careful selection of electives and general education options, will prepare students for transfer to colleges and universities in nursing, pre-pharmacy, pre-veterinary, and pre-medicine.
Note: Completion of the program does not guarantee successful transfer. It is essential that pre-professional students maintain close and continuing contact with their Lindsey Wilson College advisor and the receiving college or university.
Some courses taken for the major may simultaneously fulfill general education requirements. Please see the Graduation Requirements (associate’s degrees) section of this catalog for information on the general education program.
Program Requirements: 28-31 hours
Along with the general education program, students must complete the major’s prerequisites, core requirements, and related studies requirements as indicated.
A. Prerequisites: 4-7 hours
- Introduction to Cellular Biology (BIOL 1204) – 4 hours
- College Algebra (MATH 1013) is a prerequisite for CHEM 1214 unless waiver requirements are met – 3 hours
B. Program Requirements: 16 hours
- Introduction to Organismal Biology (BIOL 1214) – 4 hours
- Microbiology (BIOL 2104) – 4 hours
- Human Anatomy (BIOL 2614) – 4 hours
- Human Physiology (BIOL 2624) – 4 hours
C. Related Studies Requirements: 8 hours
- General Chemistry I with Lab (CHEM 1214) – 4 hours
- General Chemistry II with Lab (CHEM 1224) – 4 hours
Recommended General Electives
General Physics I (PHYS 2414), Introduction to Statistics (MATH 2203), and Nutrition (PHED 2013) are recommended.