Built in the 1960s, the Horton Complex includes
two buildings, Horton Hall and Parrott
Hall. Horton Hall was named in honor of John Burns Horton,
who served as LWC's fourth president from 1954-71. Both serve as
residence halls for male freshmen, housing more than 100 students.
In summer 2007, the Horton Complex underwent a renovation that will
add resident-controlled heating and air conditioning to each room,
new furniture, new ceilings and other modernizations. The average room
size in the complex is 10 feet-by-12 feet with two windows.
One of the original three buildings that date to Lindsey
Wilson's founding in 1903. It is named in honor of James Gould
Phillips, who was an early benefactor of the college. In the
college's early years, the dining hall was located in
Phillips Hall. The four-building, 140-bed
residence hall is a modern place for its female residents. The hall
allows freshmen women to learn how to live and how to work together
while also providing them a place to grow intellectually, socially
and spiritually. Phillips Hall is known for its strong sense of
community. Many alumnae fondly Phillips Hall as a place full of fun
and great friends. Phillips Hall is well-known in the community for
the way it participates in the college's annual "Safe Halloween"
for area children. ( to read more about the 2006 "Safe
Richardson Hall is the college's most recent
residence hall. Opened in fall 2001, the 156-bed, four-story
building has more than 38,000 square feet of space, making it one
of the largest buildings on campus. Richardson Hall -- which was
named in honor of LWC trustee Joe Richardson, his wife, Becky, and
their son, 1997 LWC alumnus Jason -- is reserved for upperclass
male students. The building also features a spacious game room with
a big-screen television, a 24-hour mini-computer lab and
handicap-accessible rooms on three floors.
Opened in spring 1996, Lilly Hall was named in
honored of the late LWC trustee Henry Lilly and his wife, Mary
Ellen. The 27,456-square-foot residence hall accommodates 102
students. The building combines the privacy of apartment living
with the community environment produced in a traditional residence
hall. The building has eight-, four- and two-student suites. Lilly
Hall also has a full lobby with a fireplace, conversation pit and a
large-screen television. It contains a laundry facility, vending
machines and a two-bedroom apartment for the
director of residence life.
College Hill is a five-room apartment complex
reserved for upperclass male students. Each appartment has a full
kitchen, two bedroosm, a bathroom and living space.
Draper Apartments is a five-building complex
with 20 apartments reserved for upperclass female students. The
apartments have a full kitchen, two bedrooms, a bathroom and living
Grider Apartments is a four-building complex
with 16 apartments available to upperclassmen. Each apartment has a
full kitchen, two bedrooms, a bathroom, living room space and a
Trabue Apartments is a 10-room apartment
complex reserved for upperclass male students. The apartments
include a full kitchen, two bedrooms, a bathroom, living room space
and a utility area.