Lindsey Wilson College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor's, masterÕs, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lindsey Wilson College. The college is also accredited by the University Senate of The United Methodist Church. The Doctor of Philosophy in counselor education & supervision and the Master of Education in counseling & human development are accredited through the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). The education program at Lindsey Wilson College is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and by the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB). This accreditation covers initial teacher preparation programs and the advanced educator teacher as leader program. However, the accreditations do not include individual education courses that the institution offers to P-12 educators for professional development, relicensure, or other purposes. The Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration is accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Lindsey Wilson College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) (655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, (202)887-6791). The Lindsey Wilson College nursing program is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) (1 Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036). The Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education has authorized Lindsey Wilson College to offer programs at various locations in the state. The Lindsey Wilson College School of Professional Counseling's Bachelor of Arts degree program in human services & counseling and Master of Education degree program in counseling & human development have been granted the following authorization/certification from state authorities:
- The Ohio Department of Higher Education has authorized Lindsey Wilson College to offer the programs at Cincinnati Technical & Community College in Cincinnati and at Southern State Community College in Hillsboro.
- The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) has certified Lindsey Wilson College to operate in Virginia and to offer the programs at Southwest Virginia Community College, Mountain Empire Community College, and Wytheville Community College.
- The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission has authorized Lindsey Wilson College to operate in West Virginia at the Southern West Virginia Community & Technical College-Logan Campus.
- Lindsey Wilson College is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. This authorization must be renewed each year and is based on an evaluation by minimum standards concerning quality of education, ethical business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility. In order to view detailed job placement and completion information on the programs offered by Lindsey Wilson College, please visit http://www.tn.gov/thec and click on the Institutions L-P link.
- The Tennessee Higher Education Commission has authorized Lindsey Wilson College to operate in Tennessee at Volunteer State Community College.
Lindsey Wilson College describes itself in identical terms to all accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education with regard to purpose, governance, programs, degrees, diplomas, certificates, personnel, finances, and constituencies and must keep each institutional accrediting body apprised of any change in its status with one or another accrediting body. The college will notify the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges of any change in its accreditation status by other recognized accrediting bodies.