Coronavirus Update: Learn more about how LWC is responding to the Coronavirus. Click here for more information.

Blue Raider Sports Medicine

The mission of the Blue Raider Sports Medicine office is to serve as a health advocate for students, faculty and staff, with a goal to promote health education and preventive health practices, and to implement a comprehensive program of health services that benefits the well-being of all.

The Blue Raider Sports Medicine Logo

Our office is currently located behind Phillips Residence hall. The center will maintain consistent hours of operation in order to provide students with greater accessibility to the campus medical staff. Our staff will provide CPR and First Aid Training for residence life and public safety staff and will continue to provide credentialing for the campus nurse to ensure optimum care of our students.

The goal of our office is to promote the control of communicable diseases on campus and encourage good health habits among students by providing them with information for better decision making. An annual program review will be performed by the VP of Student Services to assess risk factors on campus and will provide information and the tools to help avoid risky behavior and to promote safe and healthy habits. All policies and procedures will be implemented and followed to insure compliance with current medical standards and practices.

Director of Health Services

Kay Gaines

Tamara Coots

The Director of Health Services is responsible for serving as the campus nurse, wellness educator and leading Lindsey Wilson College's Covid-19 compliance screening center. The nurses station is located in the Blue Raider Sports Medicine office, which is in the basement of Phillips Hall. The office is open to all students, faculty and staff for the purpose of consultation, administering prescribed medication (e.g., allergy shots), checking blood pressure, and providing overall health information and general minor treatments and referrals. The Covid-19 screening center is located in the Holloway Health and Wellness Center multi propose room.

Tamara is a 2013 graduate of the Lindsey Wilson College nursing program. Post-graduation, she served as a nurse in several clinical settings, for the last eight years at Adair Family Medical Center as the Care Coordinator. Tamara has also worked as a Clinical Instructor for the LWC nursing program.

Contact Information

Tamara Coots, Registered Nurse
Phone: 270-384-8138

Nurse's Hours

Both locations closed daily
from 12 Noon to 1 p.m.

Monday, Thursday, Friday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Covid Screening Center
Holloway Health and Wellness Center
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
8 a.m. - 3 p.m.

Student Health Forms

Immunization Records - It is mandatory for each student who is enrolled at Lindsey Wilson College to obtain a copy of their immunization records and turn them into the Blue Raider Sports Medicine Office. You can get a copy of your immunization record at your local health department or at your family physician's office. A copy of the records can be mailed Blue Raider Sports Medicine, 210 Lindsey Wilson Street, Columbia, Ky 42728 or you can fax a copy to 270-384-8239.

Important Health Forms

Download the files above read and sign where appropriate, then send them to us using the link below.

Send signed documents