Lindsey Wilson College prepares students for lives as informed and active citizens. LWC cultivates civic involvement and community building by providing service-learning opportunities in the surrounding region and across the globe. Students who participate will explore poverty, homelessness and environmental and social justice issues.
In 2016, Lindsey Wilson students combined to give more than 30,000 hours of community service on the local, regional and national levels. The LWC Bonner Scholar Program features more than 80 students dedicated to service-learning. Since 2010, the Lindsey Wilson Bonner Program has been named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
Community Service-Learning Opportunities:
- Malvina Farkle Campus-Wide Day of Service
- Summit Manor Nursing Home
- Center For Courageous Kids
- Camp Casey After School Program
- Lake Cumberland Head-Start
- Lindsey Wilson's Campus Kitchen
- Operation Christmas Child
- Safe Halloween
- Free Theatre Performances for Area School Children
National and Global Service-Learning Opportunities:
- Residence Life Fall Break Service Trip to God's Love We Deliver in New York, N.Y.
- Annual Dominican Republic Mission Trip
- Bonner Scholars Spring Break Service Trip in St. Augustine, Fla.
Director of Civic Engagement, Student Leadership and the Bonner Scholar Program
Kisha BurtonCareer Services and Bonner Scholar Center