Veterans Affairs

We certify enrollment of veterans and dependents to the DVA. Our office does not work for the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA).

Veteran's Education Benefit Programs/GI Bill®

Student entitlement to VA educational programs is based on DVA regulations. Eligibility is determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. You must submit an application to the Department of Veterans Affairs at If you have questions regarding your VA educational benefit, the Department of Veterans Affairs may be contacted at 1-888-442-4551.

Terms of Use

Credit for Military Training

Upon presentation of an authenticated DD 214 Form, Lindsey Wilson will examine, validate, and may award credit for military training according to American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines. Such credit will not exceed 32 credits or 25% of the credit hours applied toward a degree and will be applied to general education, elective, or major requirements, according to College policy.

Change in Student Status

It is the responsibility of the student to notify the VA Coordinator if you withdraw from a course, terminate your enrollment, or make other changes that would affect your payment status. If you drop a course, you may have to repay part or all of the benefits you received for the course(s).

Student Responsibilities:

  • Apply for VA educational benefits at
  • Submit your Certificate of Eligibility and DD214 to the Veterans Affairs Coordinator.
  • Complete the LWC Veterans Enrollment Form every semester, once you are registered for classes.
  • Notify the VA Coordinator of any changes in your course schedule.
  • Starting on or after December 17, 2021, Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) students receiving benefits at an Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be required to verify their monthly enrollment to continue receiving Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and /or kicker payments. This verification process is completed every month by the student to provide your enrollment status in the courses you were certified in.
    • You have the option to verify enrollment via text message or email. Please check out the website for further information. There is an additional option if the first two options are not available to you. You may call the Education Call Center (ECC) at 1-888-442-4551 to verify enrollment.

If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact:

Jamie Benningfield

Veterans Affairs Coordinator & Default Prevention Specialist

Kachet Manners

Shrader House
Phone: 270-384-7449

Yellow Ribbon

Lindsey Wilson College proudly participates in the Post-9/11 Chapter 33 Yellow Ribbon Program making additional funds available for your education without an additional charge to your GI Bill entitlement. Your qualification in the Yellow Ribbon Program will be stated on your Certificate of Eligibility. Yellow Ribbon funds are awarded on a first come first serve basis. Students must notify the VA Coordinator they wish to apply for the Yellow Ribbon program each academic year.