Minor - Program Requirements
Jordan Wessling, Ph.D., Program Coordinator
Sumner Campus Ministry Center
(270) 384-8208 email@example.com
The mission of the Christian ministries program is to prepare students to be leaders in church institutions.
Some courses taken for the minor may simultaneously fulfill general education requirements. Please see the Graduation Requirements (bachelor’s degrees) section of this catalog for information on the general education program.
Students should note that the minor contributes 15 hours toward the required 39 hours of 3000-4000 level coursework.
Program Requirements: 21 hours
Along with the general education program and a major, students must complete the minor’s core requirements as indicated.
A. Core Requirements: 21 hours
- Christian Beliefs (RELI 1003) – 3 hours
- Old Testament (RELI 1013) or New Testament (RELI 1023) – 3 hours
- Christian Ministry (RELI 3103) – 3 hours
- Worship (MUSI/RELI 3123), Discipleship (RELI 3423), or Spiritual Formation (RELI 4103) – 3 hours
- Youth Ministry (RELI 3113), Age-Level Ministry (RELI 3153), Children’s Ministry (RELI 3163), or Christian Education (RELI 3203) – 3 hours
- Christian Theology (RELI 3503) – 3 hours
- Practicum I (RELI 4933) – 3 hours
Graduation with the minor in Christian ministries requires:
- Successful completion of all program requirements and assessments; and
- Completion of the Advanced Credo in RELI 3503.