HLCA 1013 Nursing Assistant Prep Course
HLCA 1013 Nursing Assistant Prep Course** or must have active, unencumbered SRNA Certificate.
**Students enrolled in HLCA 1013 are required to complete clinical compliance required by the specified due date in the course syllabus.
- Background check package through CastleBranch - Cost $96.00
- Current vaccines or titers: Hepatitis B; Tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis (Tdap/Td); Measles/mumps/rubella (MMR). Cost will depend on provider and student insurance coverage.
- Influenza vaccine during influenza season (Fall semester).
- COVID vaccination with 2nd dose at least 2 weeks before off-campus clinical experience.
- Evidence of annual tuberculosis (TB) testing or two-step testing if no evidence of annual testing or health assessment in positive reactors. Cost will depend on provider.
- Evidence of current active individual health insurance
- Evidence of nurse aide student professional liability insurance. Cost –approximately $40.00
- American Heart Association CPR with AED for Adults and Infants. Must be AHA. Cost varies with provider
- Student will be required to obtain substance screening through Premier Integrity Solutions. Cost - $22.00
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Plain, unadorned scrubs, top and bottom Galaxy Blue in color. This particular color can be purchased in various brands (i.e. Cherokee, Landau, etc.).
- Non-permeable shoes, closed toe and closed back, in plain black or white. Athletic shoes, walking shoes are acceptable as long as they are not canvas/mesh/fabric that substances could soak through. They should not have brightly colored logos on them.
- White or black socks
- Watch with the capacity to count seconds
- Black ink pen
- Required textbooks: Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care: The Basics, 6th edition, 2022, ISBN 9781604251418 and Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care: The Basics Workbook, 6th edition, 2022, ISBN 9781604251425. Cost – approximately $42.00
- State Competency Testing at successful completion of course. Cost – approximately $120.00