HLCA 1013 Nursing Assistant Prep Course
HLCA 1013 Nursing Assistant Prep Course** or must have active, unencumbered SRNA Certificate.
**Students enrolled in HLCA 1013 are required to complete clinical compliance required by the specified due date in the course syllabus.
- Background check package through Caste Branch - Cost $ 88.00
- Current Vaccines or Titres: Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis ( Td/Tdap), Varicella (Chickenpox), Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), and Hepatitis B. Cost will depend on provider and student insurance coverage.
- Evidence of annual tuberculosis (TB) testing or two step testing if no evidence of annual testing or health assessment in positive reactors. Cost will depend on provider
- Evidence of current active individual health insurance.
- Student will be required to obtain substance screening through Premier Integrity Solutions.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Plain, unadorned scrubs, top and bottom “Galaxy Blue” in color. This particular color can be purchased in various brands (i.e. Landau, Cherokee, etc.).
- Non permeable shoes, closed toe, and closed back in plain white or black. Athletic shoes, walking shoes are acceptable as long as they are not canvas/mesh/fabric that substances could soak through. They should not have brightly colored logos on them.
- White or black socks
- Watch with the capacity to count seconds
- Black ink pens
- Required textbooks - Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care: The Basics ISBN 9781604251005 and Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care: The Basis Workbook ISBN 9781604251012