Recreation, Tourism & Sport Management
Minor - Program Requirements
Ginni Dilworth, PhD, Program Coordinator
J.L. Turner Leadership Center, Room 109
(270) 384-8068 email@example.com
The Recreation, Tourism & Sport Management (RTSM) minor focuses on preparing students to complement their major course of study with content specific to developing, planning, and managing leisure, recreation, sport, and tourism programs and facilities.
The Recreation, Tourism & Sport Management minor is not accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Some courses taken for the minor will simultaneously fulfill general education requirements. Please see the Graduation Requirements (bachelor’s degrees) section of this catalog for information on the general education program.
Students should note that the minor contributes between nine and 12 hours toward the required 39 hours of 3000-4000 level coursework.
Program Requirements: 21 hours
Along with the general education program and a major, students must complete the minor’s core requirements and must select program electives as indicated.
A. Core Requirements: 9 hours
- Introduction to Recreation, Tourism & Sport Management (RTSM 2013) – 3 hours
- Principles of Tourism (RTSM 2403) – 3 hours
- Principles of Sport Management (RTSM 2603) – 3 hours
B. Program Electives (select from the following): 12 hours
- Leadership & Diversity in RTSM (RTSM 2103) – 3 hours
- Recreation & Sport Facility Management (RTSM 3103) – 3 hours
- Recreation Programming (RTSM 3303) – 3 hours
- Outdoor Living Skills (RTSM 3503) – 3 hours
- Outdoor Recreation Management (RTSM 3513) – 3 hours
- Outdoor Recreation & Rural Tourism Consortium (RTSM 3523) – 3 hours
- Research & Evaluation in RTSM (RTSM 3613) – 3 hours
- Special Topics (RTSM 3803) – 3 hours
- Park & Open Space Planning & Design (RTSM 4403) – 3 hours
- Professional Event Management (RTSM 4303) – 3 hours
- Athletic Administration (RTSM 4603) – 3 hours
- Special Topics (RTSM 4803) – 3 hours
- Recreational Ministries (RELI 4403) – 3 hours